Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Bicyclist vs. Runner – Runner 1, Bicyclist Very Bruised
I work in downtown Denver and I hate paying for parking! To eliminate this extra cost of at least $6.00 a day, I park by some apartments right off the interstate. It’s a really nice little ride into work and wakes me up in the morning. I have the same ride back to my car in the afternoon. I got on my bike as I normally do and I’m about to take off when I see one of my co-workers. She says to me, “You can ride in those?” She is referring to my shoes. Probably two or three days out of the week, I wear high heels and ride my bike. This is nothing new for me. I did this all the time when I lived and worked downtown. So I say back to her, “Yeah, I’m a high heel bike riding expert.” I chuckle a little and finish with, “Now watch I’ll probably fall off my bike.” We both chuckle some more and I take off on my bike. I’m listening to my music and just enjoying my ride back to my car. About half way to my car there is a “blind turn”. The people coming up the side walk can’t see the people coming down and around and vice versa. Being an “expert” at riding my bike I know this and always slow down quite a bit and make a wide turn. It just so happened that today was the day a running was coming up the same time I was heading down. Neither of us really saw each other in time and ran right into one another. Thinking I’m the bicyclist and really have the upper hand in this collision; I’m not too worried at first. A second later, I’m flying over my handle bars and landing on the concrete sidewalk. I’m not 100% certain but I think he grabbed onto my handle bars to avoid getting ran over which stopped my bike instantly and I just kept going. Myself, my bag, high heel shoes and water bottle went flying . Oh this was so embarrassing!! Cars driving by are watching, people walking by are watching and I just could disappear fast enough. The runner was so nice. We both apologized several times; he helped me up, assessed the damage and then asked me out for tacos!! Haha!! I politely declined and road off after putting my shoes back on and readjusting my other belongings. My right leg is pretty bruised up but besides that my pride is the only thing really damaged. Guess I’m not a high heel bike riding expert.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

haha i think i'm liking this journal thing...it's like a little diary of your life that every one can read lol
ReplyDelete