Thursday, May 20, 2010
It Might Be Mono
I'm not a doctor, obviously, but I think I have Mono (Monoucleosis)! I first got sick April 28th and I still have symptoms today. That is literally three weeks of being sick. When I looked up my symptoms (swollen lymph nodes in the neck and sore throat) it lead me to Mono. I have almost all of the symptoms!! I haven’t really been feeling drowsy but that’s because I have been taking energy pills in the morning since I haven’t been able to really wake up in the morning, so I guess I would have that symptom too. I had a fever the first two weeks. I didn’t eat anything the first week. And my neck is so stiff I can hardly move it but I think that’s because of my massively swollen lymph nodes that hurt so so so so bad! I got a rash on my legs this week but that might be razor burn. I’m not sure if my spleen is swollen but when I looked up swollen spleen it said a swollen spleen can cause abdominal or back pain in the area of the spleen and it can spread to the left shoulder…totally have that! My left shoulder is killing me and my gut has hurt since week one and my back hurt only for week one. So I have self diagnosed myself with Mono because it just seems to fit! There really isn’t a treatment for Mono except plenty of fluids, rest gargling warm salt water and taking ibuprofen for the pain. It (the web) said the fever usually last for 10 days, swollen lymph nodes and spleen 4 weeks and fatigue for a few weeks or could linger for 2 to 3 months!!!! So if my diagnosis is correct the prognosis says I have about another week of feeling like crap! Great! Here is where I got all my info https://health.google.com/health/ref/Mononucleosis (love Google they have all the info) and http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec14/ch179/ch179b.html. I really hate being sick!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I guess I'm awfully thankful I didn't let you sip off my margarita, then! Rest up and feel better!! Yuck.
ReplyDelete